Following a lengthy pilot stage conducted with trusted PTN customers – coupled with extensive evaluation by two separate independent experts: IFF and more recently, Zetadec – the Progress MonoRoll HE pellet mill is now ready to make a real impact. Specifically, it delivers:
- A 20-25% increase in energy efficiency versus conventional pellet mills – enabling customers to produce the same output with lower emissions; or increase their output using the same energy – by even more than 25% at higher capacities.
- Improved cost of ownership: initial calculations suggest nearly € 33,000 per pellet mill* per year, resulting in ROI within three years – and even less at higher capacity.
- Less roller slip, thus making the machine easier to operate with less downtime.
- Less wear and tear (higher tool life) and less noise and vibration thanks to lower die speeds.
- An extremely high-quality and consistent final product: Early indications are a better structure of the feed (analysis ongoing).
Ultimately, the Progress MonoRoll offers the potential to run much higher capacity with more output – but using less energy and labour. “This has been a long innovation journey but now we are ready to really shake up the industry with this technology,” says Marty. “It’s proven, it’s effective, and it gives feed mill owners and managers what they need the most – the ability to be more competitive in their markets.”