The PTN counterflow cooler is used for cooling pellets and expandate to nearly ambient temperature. By drawing air through a product layer the product is cooled.
Single deck cooler
New product is continuously fed into the bin through the inlet valve. By drawing air through a product layer which is variable in height the product is cooled. Smooth discharging of cooled product into the hopper is ensured by the discharge system.
- With triple grid discharge system:
Cooling of feed pellets, wood pellets, pulp pellets, etc.
- With swivel valve discharge system:
Cooling of feed pellets, wood pellets, pulp pellets, expandate, full fat soya, etc.
- Perfect cooling of the product.
- Smooth discharging of cooled product into the hopper.
- Total emptying at the end of a run.
- Bevelled corners in the hopper to prevent product or fines to pile up.
Double deck cooler
As single deck cooler, but in addition; An intermediate deck and the second bin. In normal operation the intermediate deck is open, while the cooler is working like the single deck version.
On product change-over, the intermediate deck is closed, just before the new product enters the cooler. It is then temporarily held on the intermediate deck, while the previous product
completes its cooling cycle in the main lower bin. Both products are being cooled at the same time. As soon as the main lower bin is empty, the intermediate deck opens fully, dropping all product in the main lower bin. It now remains open until the next product change.
- Cooling of feed pellets, wood pellets, pulp pellets, expandate, full fat soya, etc.
- As single deck cooler, but in addition;
- Enables fast change-over between different production runs.
- No need to wait for the cooler to be empty before a new product can be introduced into the cooler.